At the same time, all the universities and universities will stay shut in Chennai and Puducherry on Monday after the Meteorological Department predicted weighty rainfall in the region for the next 2 days.
Tamil Nadu: 15 persons deceased following a compound wall collapsed & ruined three houses in Nadoor Kannappan Design in Mettupalayam these days early morning, following hefty rainwater in the region. Recovery procedure going. pic.youtube.com/hLDGlFMiTx — ANI (@ANI)
December 2, 2019
“Due to lower atmospheric strain, there will be heavy and modest rainwater in Chennai and widespread rainfall in coastal Tamil Nadu and Puducherry, because of a cyclonic blood flow near Comorin in the Indian Seas,” the Meteorological Department stated within a statement.
Listed below are important points you should know:
* Based on the climate department, the locations that can recieve weighty rainfall over the following 48 hours are Ramanathapuram, Thiruvannamalai, Tuticorin, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur and Vellore districts.
* The weather section, in an advisory on Weekend, warned the fishermen never to enterprise into water at Cape Comorin, Lakshadweep area as gusty winds were very likely to happen due to the appearance of despression symptoms in the Arabian Ocean.
* Tamil Nadu earnings and disaster management minister RB Udhayakumar has said that as many as 800 people have been evcauted through the low lying regions of the state. “Teams of condition catastrophe response force have moved to Kanchipuram, Kanyakumari, Dindigul, Chennai, Tiruvallur and Nilgiri districts,” he stated.
Tamil Nadu: Drinking water came into houses in Chennai, roadways kept waterlogged after the town received heavy rainfall final evening. Graphics from Korattur in Chennai.
* The Tamil Nadu Flame and Recovery Professional services has additionally said that it is fully prepared to handle the situation inside the status. It offers also released landline numbers for your general public for just about any urgent. Inside a click launch on Sunday, it claimed that it has adequate manpower, equipment like inflatable rubber boats, lengthy recovery ropes as well as other resources to handle the circumstance.
* “People can contact the Fireplace and Rescue solutions at 101 in any way the region headquarters, such as Higher Chennai company locations. For Greater Chennai Corporation, the landline figures are 044-28554309,28554311 and 28554314,28554376,” it mentioned within the release.
* On the other hand, Chennai Police Commissioner AK Viswanathan on Weekend got a carry in the circumstance inside the city and said that a WhatsApp selection of officers happen to be established to make certain immediate methods are undertaken to handle the circumstance.
* “Five crews from your Status Catastrophe Reduction Pressure happen to be kept on standby and groups from your Nationwide Catastrophe Comfort Pressure, if required, might also participate in,” PTI quoted him as saying.
* At the same time, Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasamy on Weekend claimed that the administration has fanned to diverse for relief functions and also the management is fully ready to handle the situation.